Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Woodland Baby Shower

Awesome chalkboard from the craft store.
In case you didn't know, my sister is having a baby. It's kind of a big deal. Things will change. Priorities will shift. Attention will be diverted. And I will get a new nephew!
A little bit of love.
I already have two very adorable nephews whom I love very, very much. As in, so much that I never knew was possible. Sometimes its so much that I want to eat their cute little chubby cheeks, but I have pretty good self-control. Instead I just cover their squishy cheeks with kisses. And I can't wait to do that with my sister's baby when he arrives.
Sign made with wood blocks and scrapbooking paper.
Said baby will be named Fox (as in Fox Mulder), so naturally, my sister wishes to decorate the nursery in a woodland theme. And thus, I threw my sister a woodland-themed baby shower. I wanted to use decorations that my sister could then use in the nursery. I like things that are multi-purpose.

The famous stump cake!

I knew right away that I would make some kind of log cake, and ended up going with this fabulous stump cake and decorated it with meringue mushrooms. As for the rest of the food, since it was a mid-afternoon affair, I went with snackables like fruit salad, veggies with dip, and assorted nuts. And punch! What is a party without punch, after all?


Lime-grapefruit punch.
It's a mushroom! It's meringue!
It's a shy little mushroom.
Mason jar, moss ribbon, string, dirt, and a votive candle.
Aw, nuts!

Note: I did not take any of these photographs. A very good friend of mine was kind enough to come take some pictures for me.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you did an amazing job Rachel! I absolutely love those mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! The mushrooms were surprisingly easy and delicious...but time-consuming!

      Delete
  2. Aw, thanks Adrienne! I think you would have enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete