Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Midnight Margaritas and a Sister Slumber Party

Time for a drink!
My sister, Frakah, was feeling a little lonely on Friday, so we decided to have a slumber party with midnight margaritas. We've been wanting to do midnight margaritas since the last time we watched Practical Magic, but I never had the tequila. This time, I had the tequila.

What I didn't have, however, was a blender. Or a cocktail shaker. So these 'ritas were stirred. I took the inspiration for the recipe from a basic margarita recipe and my spiked lemonade. The end result was rather sweet, but tasty. It contains 4 shots of alcohol, but it really didn't taste like it to me...

As for the slumber party, we had wanted to watch an original lineup of TGIF from when we were little (which I recall to be Mr. Belvedere, Full House, Family Matters, and Perfect Strangers). Unfortunately, I do not have any of those shows on DVD and they're not on Hulu, so we watched Never Been Kissed. It was one of my favorite movies when I was in high school, and I still enjoy it now. My sister liked pointing out all of the crop tops (her new obsession).

Unfortunately, we were both rather tired, so the midnight margaritas (which actually happened at about 8:15pm) did not spark any moments of hilarity. I'm holding out hope, though. Next time I make these suckers, hilarity will definitely ensue.

Midnight Margaritas
serves 2


2 lemons
2 limes
4 shots tequila of your choosing
2 shots limoncello
2 shots triple sec
2 shots simple syrup
ice
salt for rimming

Rub a lime on the rim of a tall glass and dip it in the salt. Fill glass with ice.

Squeeze the juice of one lemon into one glass, then squeeze in the juice of one lime. Follow with 2 shots of tequila, 1 shot of limoncello, 1 shot of triple sec, and 1 shot simple syrup. Repeat with the other glass and remaining ingredients. Stir and serve. Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment