Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pudding Success!

Ahhhhhhh...

Well, folks, I am glad I made pudding tonight. Pudding, to me, is the ultimate comfort food. No food is more soothing to my soul than good ole chocolate pudding. And that is precisely what I needed tonight. You see, after I made my pudding, my dad called me to let me know that he and my mom had our family cat, Spooky, put down tonight. She was 15 years old and lived a good life and was apparently having kidney failure. She was a good cat- just aloof enough, yet also came around for attention from time to time. She used to be good friends with my dog Ducky, but he was put down a year and a half ago.

So there you have it. I guess you can see that I'm an animal person. Luckily my papillon, Lucy, knows just how to cheer me up. She hates seeing me sad and always stays right by my side. But aside from Lucy, pudding makes for a good consolation.

It's funny because I was already needing the comfort of pudding because it is the dead of winter and I tend to get SAD. This year has been the worst, probably because I'm not running this winter (damn you, stupid knee!). Dancing helps cheer me up for the most part, but dancing also happens to be both the best and the worst thing for my self esteem...


But anyway, back to this fabulous pudding win. After last week's failure, I decided to go for a pudding recipe that called for egg yolks and cooking the custard over direct heat. This pudding came together so quickly, it was finished before my potato (which was cooking, hasselback-style, in the oven). Last week's pudding had me standing over the stove for nearly an hour with no thick result. This week, the pudding turned thick quite quickly!


Gloppy

And now that I've had a bowl, I can say it was quite delicious and was just what I needed. It was thick, it was chocolatey, and I could taste the butter in it. It's a good thing I live by myself, because that means I don't have to share the rest of it with anyone. Mwahahahahaha!

For the recipe, go to this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment